RCCG LP23 Annual Women’s Conference
Holy Spirit through Pastor Mrs TOYIN SANNI
TOPIC – I can do all things
I can do all things through Christ Who Strengthens Me
Text – Phil 4:1-13
To need to make that affirmative statement suggests that you’ve been challenged and told you Can’t do Anything
And that’s what has truly been happening to most of us.
I came here today for ONE WOMAN and if I succeed in reaching that Woman today I would have fulfilled my assignment!
I’m speaking to you and you know yourself and where you’re coming from:
You’ve been doubted, second guessed, scorned, taunted, derided and frankly ridiculed so many times you tried to do something meaningful (professionally, academically, spiritually, in ministry, socially even domestically- even your cooking has been compared to your Mother in laws, your dressing to other women’s, your speaking and accent to other Women’s and you were found wanting on all fronts.
Who knows what I’m talking about- that’s the woman I’m speaking to today.
I came here to tell you the Tide has Turned, the veil over your face is being lifted today and you’ll NEVER be the same again.
What Qualifies me to talk, you may think I look like I was born successful- I wish
– I’ve been jobless
– I’ve been fired on the job
– I’ve been ignored and left behind because I didn’t fit in
– I’ve been declared medically infertile for 5 years
– I’ve been sick and felt God telling me to put my house in order
– I’ve been worried sick by family sickness, affliction
– I’ve been ridiculed
But by His grace alone I stand before you loved, blessed with a great family, a CEO and Industry Leader in a male dominated world, an Area Pastor of 5 Parishes, a Published Author, Public Speaker Home and Abroad and I’m still ready for more . I say these not to boast but to inspire and challenge you as I say in my book Yes You Too Can – Maximize Your Life.
Background – every woman knows
– History doubts our ability
– Society doubts our ability
– Men doubt our ability
– Even our Spouses and children doubt
– Other women doubt our ability
– We ourselves doubt our own ability
ONLY ONE PERSON HAS NEVER DOUBTED YOUR ABILITY!- Your Creator, Maker, Father, Lover Of your soul who says/did as follows concerning you:-
In Galatians 3:28-29 He tells YOU:
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither Bond nor Free, there is neither male nor female, for ye are all one in Christ Jesus, and if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed! Only one qualification for Gender Parity and Equality BEFORE GOD – If ye be Christ’s!
In Joshua 17:3-6
He let the daughters of Zelophehad inherit their Fathers inheritance with their brethren.
In Judges 4:4,5,9,10, 14, Judges 5:1, 7,12
He made Deborah a Prophetess, Ruler, Battle General, Composer and Singer and also wife and mother.
In Joshua 2:1-3, 17
He used a Prostitute and Scarlet woman, Rahab to save her whole family and they were the only ones saved in Jericho. Not the Valiant men or warriors. Just a woman God gave wisdom and grace. God is still seeking out women to imbue with wisdom that provides a way out of the problems of Nigeria, Africa and the world and that delivers from the judgment coming upon mankind.
In Gen 38, He backed up Tamar when she was cheated by her Father in Law Judah and she delivered two sons who entered the lineage of Jesus. Whoever told you our God is Anti – Woman
Yes the bible describes us in 1 Peter 3:7 as the Weaker vessel but in the same breath calls for honour for us so i agree with the interpretation that it means we are the more delicate, refined or subtly made vessel and definitely we are heirs together of the grace of life.
In Gen 3:15
He pronounced that the seed of the woman will bruise the head of the serpent so while the man was deemed besmirched by sin and unfit to produce the Saviour, the woman was still a big part of the coming to earth of the Saviour.
In Luke 1 : 28,see how the woman Mary was hailed by the angel of God Gabriel
Since before the conception of Jesus, Women have been hearing the stupendous promise of the Lord and asking in absolute bemusement- How shall these things be? Vs 37
So have you been given a vision or dream that seems absolutely impossible for you, know you’re not the first to receive same!
That’s in fact usually the first sign that this vision is from God.
If it’s something your natural ability can deliver, it’s not likely a vision from God.
Sarah – From Barrenness in old age to a vision of Mother of many nations, more children than the stars and the sand on the ground? I mean Really???
Deborah – From Housewife and Mother in a highly conservative and Patrilineal and Patriarchal society to Judge, Ruler, Military General. I mean prior to then ALL Priests, Prophets and Judges WERE men which says to me that – YOU CAN BE ANYTHING GOD SAYS YOU WILL BE if you would only just Believe and Obey Him.
Hannah – From Barren and stigmatized wife relegated seemingly by God to the mother of ONE of the GREATEST Prophets- Samuel! Sisters please arise. You can be ALL that God says you will be. Yes you too can!
ESTHER – From Orphaned slave girl to highly powerful and influential Queen- Not a figurehead. However there is a Warning in her story for Women in positions ( personal or marital) with potential for Godly Influence who fail to use that influence for God – Remember Modecai’s admonition to her – Peradventure it is for this purpose you have come to the throne and if you fail to use your influence (for Kingdom purpose), help will arise for Israel from elsewhere but as for you and your fathers house……,It says to me that you too can become a Woman of Influence.
Personal testimony- I kept my professional life largely separate from my personal ministry until May 2015 when I had a paradigm shifting experience after which I felt compelled to bring both worlds together and use all to glorify God and benefit mankind!
God’s model woman
The biblical Female Role Model is AN ALL-ROUNDER as Described in Proverbs 31:10-31 as follows:-
1. Vs 10-12 FIDELITY, STABILITY & TRUSTWORTHINESS – These qualities are deeply rooted in her Spiritual, Emotional and Intellectual DEPTH. In my book YYTC I also use Depth as an Acronym for the following Key Success Factors- Destiny Discovery, Energy, Perseverance, Timing and Helpers.
2. Vs 13-15- HARD WORK, INDUSTRY AND GOOD DOMESTIC ADMINISTRATION- deeply rooted in her sense of responsibility and commitment to the wellbeing of every member of her household.
3. Vs 16-19- FINANCIAL INDEPENDENCE, PRUDENCE AND BASIC INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT-which is steeped in her understanding of financial matters, of her own specific trade/business and again hard work.
4. Vs 20 – CHARITY AND COMMUNITY SERVICE – Steeped in her love for God and for the poor and her recognition of divine purpose for her existence and position.
5. Vs 21-22 – PLANNING AND COMMON SENSE PRACTICALITY
6. Vs 23-26 – WISDOM, UNDERSTANDING OF GOD’s ORDER, CONSISTENT SUPPORT FOR AND COMMITMENT TO HER SPOUSE
7. Vs 27-31 – WELL-ORDERED PRIORITIES- FEAR OF GOD, HER HUSBAND AND CHILDREN COME BEFORE HER OTHER ROLES. If she had neglected them in her Success Climb they would not be arising and calling her blessed!
How shall these things be
ALTAR CALL- IF YE BE CHRIST’S!
2. The Power of the Most High shall overshadow you – worship, prayer, word and partnership – Luke 1
3. Destiny Recognition – Nothing extra sets for nothing. Gen 1:14-18
4. Passion and Energy -Prov 18:1. Mark 11:24
5. Study- 2 Tim 2:15
6. Hard work – Prov 22:29
7. Attribution 1 Cor 15:10 By the grace of God I am what I am
Prayer Points – From my Book